Monday, December 12, 2011

Mommy needs a story?

Well... as anyone that has had a toddler knows that showering uninterrupted is an event that is far and few between. As I was in the shower the other day, with the door slightly ajar so that I might hear any booms that might occur, my handsome little boy walked in, poked his head in the shower and asked "Mommy, do you want a story?" Something I do for him while he's in the tub. Of course I couldnt resist seeing what would happen if I took him up on his offer and I told him I would love that. He left, and a minute later returned with two books from his collection in his room. Sat down on the floor and proceeded to read to me in his 2 year old language...He read to me until I was all done in the shower, and I thanked him for his sweet offer to read to me while I was in the shower.
Of course I laugh now when I think of this experience, but I am so grateful my little man is so sweet.

Sidenote: If I am ever getting ready to get in the shower or am already in the shower and have my glasses still on, Henry gently reminds me that I cant get my glasses wet. He proceeds to tell me over and over...and over again until I take them off. Silly boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment