Friday, March 11, 2011

19 Months...And several Days!

I wanted to write on Sunday about Henry turning 19 months, which is actually the day he turned 19 months, however I had a hard time getting to it. So here I am almost a week later and writing about my sweet Henry turning 19 months. He is such a big boy. I cant imagine him being any older but every day he is! Older, and taller, and smarter! It is truly an amazing thing to witness. Henry has learned some funny behaviors this month! He enjoys sticking his finger way up his nose! EW! He thinks its funny that I think its gross, so we play that game often. He loves dancing, and has recently completely moved into a big boy bed. The first and second night he didnt come out once, however he did fall out of bed. And then our handy Daddy built Henry a guardrail and he has stayed put resting with no falls. He did have one nap where he simply DID NOT want to go to sleep, however we did have kids over which I believe contributed to his reluctance, but other then that he has not gotten out of bed. Even in the morning or after naps when he wakes up he hangs out in bed until we poke our head in and tell him its time to get up. I am truly blessed. We have touched a little on the potty training but havent been insistent or very constant. Henry does understand his body and when he is going to go or has gone potty. Getting him there in time has been our challenge. However we will continue to work on it as he's comfortable and hope he is potty trained sooner rather then later! Henry is enjoying nursery more and more when he isnt causing a little trouble. He loves to sing and is learning the actions to the songs. He is a sweet boy though and I am so grateful to be his mommy. I love you sweet boy!
We drove out to gravelly point but it was SO windy, hence the tears on Henrys cheeks. He could hardly keep his eyes open. This would be so fun with a picnic on a warmer day. We will try again!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on transitioning to the big boy bed! That's great! I hope it continues to go smoothly. I love the pic of him crashed on the couch. So cute. Henry is such a smart kid to already know how his body works and know when he needs to go. I think he is relatively pretty young (especially for boys) to understand that!

    ReplyDelete