Sunday, October 4, 2009

August 5, 2009

I woke up the morning of August 5, just shy of 5am to use the restroom. It was my long awaited due date, and I was hoping to meet our newest addition to our family SOON! I climbed awkwardly back into bed hoping to be able to fall back asleep. I laid there for just a minute or so before I felt 3 small pops in my lower abdomin and thought that just must be my little boy adjusting from my walk to the bathroom and back. Shortly after those pops my water broke. I wasn't sure at the time what I was experiancing, and entertained other ideas, like maybe I had lost control of my bladder....before realizing that indeed, my water HAD broken! I woke up my husband, and ran to the bathroom for fear of ruining my sheets, yes that thought actually ran through my mind. I waited in the restroom for Josh to grab everything we thought we'd need, and changed just before walking out the door at 5am to this great adventure. I was nervous, and excited. I think you get to a point in pregnancy when you actually want to experiance labor and delivery, and I was there. Although I had been experiancing rough contractions for several days now, I had decided not to wait long for the epidural. Yay! Although there was much relief with the epidural, I still experianced a lot...a lot of pressure.
I was given cherry popsicals all day long, and had an amazing flock of visitors in and out all day long. Noon came and went, and I was slowly dialating. Before we knew it, we were late into the evening and I was having a difficult time dialating to 10 with contractions that were not going to be strong enough to help deliver my sweet little boy. It was decided that a C-section was going to be the best alternative to bringing Henry into this world. I struggled with this decision made by my docter simply becaue I felt as if my body had failed me. I was not going to be able to bring my little boy into this world they way my body was made to deliver a baby.
I watched as Josh, my dear sweet husband who had not left my side all day long, dress in his all white surgery attire, and we were wheeled away, past all of our family who was waiting outside my room. Our sweet boy was delivered shortly after at 11:47pm on August 5, 2009. He weighed 8LBS 15OZ and was just over 22 inches long. Welcome to the world little Joshua Henry Snow.
I would want my husband to know how grateful I was for him during this experiance. He held my hand during my frustrating moments, and helped me calm my breathing when I began getting nervous and anxious. He rubbed my back when I was in pain and held my hand when I was uncontrollably shakey. So to my husband: Thank for being and incredible strength during a difficult and amazing experiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment